Monday, August 20, 2012

Dropzone Commander Zerg (Scourge) Starter Box

Here's some pics of the Zerg (Scourge) starter box. Picture quality slowly improving!

This is part of my goal of having each starter box available for demo games. While Terran (UCM) will be my main faction, I want to knock out each starter box first. Protoss (Shaltari) are assembled and on the painting table next.

The Zerg are pretty interesting. Most of the vehicles are skimmers and have movement values of 9", which is SUPER FAST for a ground unit in this game. So they're not totally stranded if their dropship blows up. The get defensive bonuses for moving fast, and unlike skimmers in 40k, they can still shoot at full effect moving their full move. (That totally pissed me off about Eldar, but that's another rant).

For those looking for more historical pictures, while I have been working on some Bolt Action Soviets and Flames of War Americans, they'll be going up on some other blogs shortly. I'll be sure to put up some pics once they go up!


Army group shot


Three medium dropships


Medium dropship closeup


Three AA tanks


AA tank closeup


A squad of boots. They look super terrible closeup because I can't physically see the detail. I guess 20/15 eyesight isn't good enough for 10mm.


Three MBT


MBT closeup




No comments:

Post a Comment