Sunday, July 28, 2013

By Fire and Sword: Swedish Skirmish Box Set

Got the Swedish Skirmish Box set painted up. These figures are just AWESOME, and my lackadaisical painting just doesn't do them justice.



I will also admit that I kinda gave up trying to find the correct historically accurate painting schemes. As a good friend Chris put it, "Welcome to real historicals and not paint by numbers", referring to the east of finding FoW painting schemes.

I ended up painting them the same way I did my SAGA - picking a color for each squad so while on the whole it might not look as great or realistic, it certainly makes telling squads apart a lot easier in the game!

Commander leading them from the front

Reiters

Dismounted Dragoons

A cannon cause why not? 
 Interesting historical fact I learned: The cannon has a higher rate of fire during this time period because it was quicker to reload a cannon than a flinklock musket. To reflect this in the game, the cannon gets to shoot twice per turn, conditions allowing.

The layout of how they are grouped in the Swedish Skirmish Detachment list

Frank and I are hoping to get a quick play through this week, so I'll be sure to let you know how that goes! I am so stupidly excited for this game!

1 comment: