Sunday, July 21, 2013

Stop the Presses!

Yeah, it finally arrived. Looks like I'm not doing anything else until further notice. Someone come wake me up for NOVA...



For those who haven't heard of it, By Fire and Sword is a historical game out of a small company from Poland, focusing on, not surprisingly, the wars around Poland in the late 17th century. I'm not going to claim I know anything about that period, because I don't. But it's filled with flashy cavalry charges, colorful banners, cannons, and muskets. An interesting time period to be sure. 

I don't really know anything about how to plays. But let me say, this rulebook is AWESOME. The best quality rulebook I've seen - glossy covers, nice thick pages, and over 400 pages long! Even has a whole section on the history of the era, which is great, cause I haven't a clue!

Look forward to seeing the Polish Commonwealth and Swedish starter sets painted up here soon, and some gameplay shots as Frank, Alex, and myself dig into this gem!

3 comments:

  1. Wait, what is this game?!
    That's some bitchin' cover art but how about some info on what it's all about, please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I don't know a lot to be honest. I was captivated by the pictures - an era with firearms, but still early enough that cavalry adorned with banners galloping around the field was still a thing. The rulesets been out since 2011 in Poland, but just got translated to English from a kickstarter earlier this year. Three of us at Huzzah are jumping in, so wish us luck and I'll report back with what we discover!

    (Also updated the OP with some info and a link to their site)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link. I skimmed over the site real quick, and I am looking forward to seeing what you guys cook up with that system. Take plenty of pics!

      Delete