Wednesday, September 10, 2014

By Fire and Sword: Ottoman Besli and Commanders

By Fire and Sword Ottoman Besli, as well as two command stands.




I can't really say much about the Besli formation historically. They're one of the two light cavalry options offered in the Ottoman BFAS lists. I originally picked them them over the other option (Gonullu) because I thought all the Besli had spears, but that's a translation/interpretation error. Nonetheless, they still have javelins, and I already purchased the models, so I will use them anyway.


Also knocked out two command stands, so I can now play a legal (albeit small) Ottoman skirmish list.


Army group shot thus far


Next up on the Ottoman painting list are some Segban infantry, which will really make the list bloom. However, got some DZC on the table first, with Alex's UCM project and some Resistance arriving this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment